If you are new or have been natural for some time now you may or may not know that water is your best friend. Water is essential to everyday life and it is needed to maintain healthy hair. We all know that water is vital to our organs, it helps plants and food grow and it also helps your hair grow. Here are 5 reasons water benefits healthy hair:
1. Water hydrates your hair by daily adding water or a water based hair product i.e: leave-in conditioner to your hair, it will help prevent dry brittle hair which leads to breakage.
2. Water helps your body flush out toxins. Drinking a gallon of water a day you will begin to see an improvement in: hair growth, changes in your body i.e.: (clearer skin, and nail growth), and you'll be more energized.
3. Water regulates your cardiovascular system also called circulatory system. Your circulatory system transports water, blood, and nutrients to your blood cells and also carries away the waste that your body produces.
4. If you are neglecting your water intake it could potentially lead to hair thinning, shedding, and hair breakage.
5. Washing your hair with warm water helps remove buildup and dirt; while cold water closes your hair follicles so your hair shaft can remain strong. I personally see benefits in washing my hair with warm water and I rinse the conditioner out with cold water.
I could go on and on about the benefits of water but I will leave you with these five tips. Make sure you drink enough water today! Your body will thank you later!